Friday, April 6, 2012

Trixie's Having (3) Puppies!

Took Trixie to the vet and found out that she'll be having (3) healthy pups, next week. Hopefully, she'll hold out until then. I still have a few things to do before her due date.

Yes, I'm a worry wart. I don't know of many breeders that do this...for the first couple of weeks, I'll be staying with Trixie. This is her first litter and I want to make sure everything is okay. We'll have to see if she'll allow the other dogs to get close. Abby let Roxy jump in her box and help clean the pups up! That was a shocker but so much fun to watch. Who knows how Trixie's going to act but I think she's ready to get those pups out. She's about to pop!

I haven't had time to find a pet trainer for Holly. She's a mess but just the cutest thing. I'm very worried about her and the pups. She likes to be the center of everything and that's not going to be the case for a while. Trixie is already snipping at her.


After a week or so, I'll put her and the pups in a crate, so that she'll feel safe. From there, I've got a pen to put them in. Yes, all the dogs will have their collars and leashes on to see how things go.

At (4) weeks I'll start taking them all to work with me. No, I don't leave my dogs alone very often and not for very long. I've gotten a pop up pen to put them in. It's great! There is no set up, it has a removable zip off top and the floor of it is removable and washable. I think it's going to work out well. I think it's going to be better than the pen/fencing/barrier that I've used in the past.

Oh, I tried a bark control product that is like a gun. It does not work well. I'll be returning it after I see if the 'box' to put on the fence works or not. My husband doesn't want me to put bark collars on them, yet. There is mainly one that has been a problem lately. He'll bark over everything and anything. I don't know what's up with him. Sometimes one of the others will get them going to I can't blame it all on THE ONLY MALE THAT I HAVE! lol

Maybe I'll have pictures of the pups on my next blog! Until then...




No comments:

Post a Comment