Friday, October 19, 2012

BREEDING TIME IS OVER! I'm exhausted!

Well, a week later, along with much effort on my part, we have finally had a successful breeding time.  (Well, they all mated.)

Farrah
Ended up getting Farrah's mom to pick her up for a couple of days because she wasn't ready and I didn't need another dog to haul around, until she was.

Trixie
While she was gone, I was able to take all of the dogs to work, enjoyed a more relaxing weekend and Trixie and Walker mated.   

Got Farrah back on Monday and she and Walker bred immediately.  She coerced me into letting her spend the night and they bred again in the morning.  Her mom picked her up last night.  Walker searched everywhere and whined throughout the house.  Farrah is coming back tomorrow morning.  We'll try again, before Walker goes home.

Farrah's back!
I think Walker prefers it here.  He's treated like a pet, gets to sleep in the bed, run throughout the house and hang out with everyone, all day long. My dogs have dog beds everywhere.  They can take a quick nap or tuck into a soft sided / portable dog crate, at any time.

Trixie sleepy time.
Walker pooped out!
I'm sorry to say that he'll be going back to his home tomorrow, where he and his parents are going to be in for a major shock.  He is so sweet and cuddly.  Between him and Farrah, my dogs are way passed jealous.  They're peeved and waiting to make sure that everyone goes home.
Trixie's tuckered out.
I HAVE TO LEAVE?
Oh well, back to the real world.  Walker has quite a few siblings.  They just have to stay in their crates, most of the time.  His parents aren't fortunate enough to be able to work out of their homes.  I think that's easier on the parents, for sure!


Crossing our fingers, we'll wait to see if we have two (2) pregnant dogs.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment