Sunday, December 16, 2012

CHRISTMAS Puppies In A Basket!

Trixie's Puppy Land

  

***ONLY (2) LEFT***
(One sable girl and 1 tri-colored boy)

Trixie was tired of being isolated, so I had been working on making her more comfortable, with her siblings.  She's still doesn't trust them 100% but I've tried to assure her that it's okay and that they only want her 'special' food.

The other dogs are acting as I had predicted.
Diamonds 


Diamonds is curious but would just as soon take her food.  Abby feels neglected and only comes around her, if I'm there and she can get some attention.
Oreo wants to hide, from the pups, but wants Trixie's leftovers.

Oreo and Abby


Holly's Been an Extra Good Aunt

The one that has really surprised me is Holly.  She wants a puppy!  I didn't think that she'd be very good with them until they got older but she's very inquisitive and licks them, if I let her.  I'll try breeding her again, in the spring.


Trixie's Happier

I put Trix and all of the pups in a basket and brought them into the living room.  Trixie seems happier and it's also easier on me, especially since she needs to go outside, constantly!

She's not producing as much milk, as I'd like.  I bottle fed them @ 3:00a.m. and they drank almost 3/4oz.  I've fed them a couple of times, since then.  They still prefer mom's milk and I'd like it to stay that way but I'm going to continue to help out, periodically.

They've all come close to doubling their weight!  The smallest was 5.75oz and is now 9oz.  There are (3) that are closer to 11oz.

I'm not sure how they're getting so big, with as little milk as she looks to have.  They must be sucking out every drop that I'm giving her!  She's eating a good balanced diet including vitamins and extra special home cooked food.

All is going well!

***THERE ARE STILL (2) AVAILABLE***
(One sable girl and 1 tri-colored boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment