Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

Well, Abby is being very obstinate. She's obviously feeling better. I'm still tying her leash to me when she's on the couch and at night, but she tricks me into putting her on the bed, at other times, and then jumps down. There's only a 30% chance of her hip staying in place. I just hope we haven't exceeded that 30%.

I'm definitely keeping her collar on her and leashes handy. She wants to jump ON the couch. Ha! I put a stop to that.

Trixie is getting bigger and bigger. In case you haven't been informed, she is pregnant. Her pups are due the 2nd week of April. I don't know how many she'll have and will be getting her an x-ray a week before she's due. This is her first litter. She's beautiful and so is the Sire.

I'd suggest putting in your request now, if anyone is interested in a pup. They'll be ready to go to their forever homes in June.

I start the pups with collars and/or harnesses, when they are about 10 weeks old, it depends on their size. I have had (1) tea-cup and I didn't put a collar on her. Abby was small and had to wear a harness/collar that was actually for a lizard and that tiny pup, well, I don't know if her owners have ever put a collar on her.

Well, between Abby's hip injury, Holly's need for some agility work and Trixie being pregnant, I've been rather busy. I figure I have another week of babying Abby and then about a week reprieve before I'll need to stock up on food and arrange the house for the new puppies. I'm just glad that I didn't breed Holly, last December!

No comments:

Post a Comment