Saturday, March 10, 2012

Papillon Complications

Papillons are highly intelligent. They're rated 8th among all dogs. Their intelligence sometimes presents a challenge and I actually know breeders that stopped breeding Paps because they are so smart they can complicate things.

Some of the things that my Papillons like me to do is hide their food and toys. Of course they like me to play with them, as well. With Abby's condition, I'm at a great disadvantage and my Papillons are getting restless. I can't work on their agility runs or games, either.

I'm considering going to meet my new neighbors, yes the ones with the barking dog, and see if they have kids that would be willing to come and play the agility games and of course walk the dogs. Who knows, maybe we can make friends and they'll attempt to control their Mastiff and German Shepard's barking. Maybe they'll be willing to put the bark collars on their dogs?
Family Portrait

My (8) Papillons are very well behaved and they don't normally bark unless someone comes to the door and they stop as soon as the person gets inside. These bark collars don't hurt them, I just don't feel that it's right that my dogs are having to wear these collars because I'm concerned about disturbing the neighbors. I don't know what's happened to people and the consideration that I was brought up with. It doesn't make sense to me and frustrates me, to no end.

Still looking for a trainer AND a PROFESSIONAL pet sitter, that charge reasonably! It would be GREAT if I could find a Junior competitor. Someone that needs the showing experience.

I'll check with the local Kennel Clubs and see if they can point me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment