Tuesday, June 26, 2012

And Then There Was One..For Three More Days!



Bailey's gone to his 'FOREVER' home.

Last Playtime

Bailey's Last Nap
After his last playtime with his sister, Emma, he took a short nap before his ride home.  He did try to fit his entire body into a shoe, as well.  I guess he wanted to make sure that he experienced everything possible, before leaving.

Emma (Fanny) is getting spoiled rotten.  Wait until HER 'Forever Parents' get back from their Honeymoon!  She is rather exhausted, thanks to Holly and Trixie.

I hope that Jesse and Bailey are both doing well.  I play 'low key' music for all of my dogs at night, when I'm working or not at home.  I was a little concerned that Emma would have a rough night, since it was her first night without a sibling in her pen.  Actually, I figured that I'd have her in my bed before the night was over but she slept through the night.  Good Job Emma!

She was out of her pen most of yesterday and today, as well.  Trixie and Holly have been playing and I think 'tormenting' her but she's been a trooper.

I've put a couple of dog beds throughout the house, so that she can crash wherever and whenever she'd like, after I found her asleep on the carpet.  Bless her heart.
Carpet Nap


She thinks that she has 'super powers' and should be able to jump on the couch.  I have lifted her up on the couch a couple of times, while I was working and she crashed in my lap.  It's not a good idea for me to do this often.  I'm not sure of the environment that she's going to be living in but they could get her a 'doggy couch'!
 
I hope her new parents are going to be able to give her a lot of attention.  Unfortunately, they don't live close enough for me to puppy sit.  I'm willing to take care of Jesse or Bailey, who do live fairly close by.

Emma is doing very well with housebreaking and I understand that Bailey is, as well.  All of the pups were introduced to 'the outside world' at six (6) weeks and each time that they were taken out, I made sure that each of them did their business, before coming in.  At a very young age, they were going from their pen and into the 'tent', separating their bathroom area from their play and sleep areas.  Papillons are so smart.  It's almost scary!

I'm going to put a harness on Emma, tomorrow.  I think she'll do a lot better than Holly did.  Holly spent her first day twirling and twirling but she was almost a year old when I adopted her.  Holly needs a lot of work and thinks that she is a puppy but has bad habits that real pups don't have.

I'm going to miss the puppies.  It's been nice bringing life into the world and make three (3) families very happy.  I got a 'puppy fix' as well.

All of the adult dogs have found that the safest place for them is on the couch!



Trixie & Walker made beautiful, well behaved & intelligent puppies!

I'm hoping to use Walker as the sire to my next litter, with Holly.


No comments:

Post a Comment