Monday, June 4, 2012

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THESE NEW NAMES?!

Everything is coming together.  There are still a few hic-ups here and there but all-in-all "Papillon World" is looking up!

Bailey found a 'forever home' so now all the puppies have been spoken for.  His parents have a short trip to take but will be picking him up when they return on the 9th of June.

Jesse left to go live with his 'new parents' this past weekend. His 'new mom' hasn't told me if she left him in his crate the first night and his 'new dad' wants to call him Bogart(I'll find him the perfect dog to name Bogart but a papillon is not the one.)

I spoke to  Emma/Fannie's new mom.  Her fiance' made it back safely from Afghanistan.  They're leaving for their wedding and will be picking up "Miss Fannie" on the 12th of June.  (WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THESE NAMES?)  I've already warned her that she's going to have her hands full.  'Miss Fannie' is a piece of work and will need good training but not for housebreaking, they're all doing a great job with that.  She gets on her hind legs and walks toward the adult dogs growling the entire way.  She looks like a panda bear and sounds serious at her size.

Trixie is getting back to playing, almost nonstop, with Holly.  The pups are finding it hard to get their attention.  Trixie and Holly are playing so much that the pups whine to get out of their pen the majority of the day. They pups have gotten so spoiled and I haven't helped.  With me working here, I'm able to play with them, let them out and run around the house but I have work to do.

Papillons are super smart and that is a good and bad thing.  They're the 8th most intelligent canine.  Once they see something they remember how to do it.  I open their pen and tell them to go outside and they do.  I call them back in and they come.  They do they're "business" in between but they are also getting quite adventurous and will stray.  I have a fenced yard and it's very safe but they're tunneling under the shrubbery and I can't see them in the hill of juniper.

Like I said, they listen to me.  When I can't find them, I just call "puppies" and they come running.  I have to admit that it was a little easier when they stayed with their mom and nanny (Holly).

I usually don't put puppies in a harness until they're about 10 weeks old.  They shouldn't be going anywhere until they have their 2nd set of shots, at the least but doesn't hurt for them to get used to the harness and when they get a used to that add a leash and they can pull that behind them, as well.  I've found it easier to get the pup used to being walked.  I also recommend that you find a vet that you're comfortable with that is close to home.  Also, know where your emergency vet is.

I think that Holly is going to be a good mom.  If her mommy skills are anything like her nanny skills, she's going to be a champ!  I'm hoping that she goes in heat soon and then her puppies will be ready for Xmas!  I've already got people calling to get on Holly's puppy list.  Forget all of that, I hope Trixie helps Holly as much as Holly has been there for Trixie!

I mentioned that things were coming together.  I finally found an agility trainer for Holly and she knew of a wonderful groomer!  How lucky can one get?

The groomer did a great job and she used the 'Furminator' on them and they came back half the size, which means only half as much hair can fall out!  She works in the Marietta/Kennesaw, GA area, so if anyone is looking for a groomer let me know. 

Now in the middle of things, my car was basically totaled and that hasn't helped matters. (A little hic-up.)  I didn't know that you weren't allowed to have dogs in rental cars (hic-up).  That's ridiculous!  What happened to having a car that is equal to the one that you had prior to the collision?  Try finding a car in the middle of my world.  I'm working diligently on that task.  I've test driven over a dozen cars and actually bought (2).  I returned the Town Car.  The dogs thought that they were in a playpen and it was just too big for us.  I'm now in a Montego with a leather interior, which is a must for long haired dogs.  I'm still not 100% thrilled but I have a car again!  I've got until Wednesday to find another one before it's mine for keeps.

Holly will begin her agility training soon, hopefully.  Her new trainer is having to have minor surgery and things are being delayed.  (Like I said, little hic-ups). I can't wait to hear and see the changes in her.  Maybe Holly WILL survive and be able to stay and be happy here for many years to come.  All of the other dogs need to be happy, as well.

YES, PICTURES TO COME!  YOU BE ME FOR THREE (3) MONTHS!

No comments:

Post a Comment