Sunday, October 7, 2012

BREEDING TIME?!

Trixie is trying to go in heat again.  I say trying because she hasn't come 'full cycle'.  I lined up Walker (stud), just in case.  They made beautiful puppies before and one (1) couple would like to add another pup to their family.  They adopted Emma, from the last litter. (Her name is now Miss Fannie.)

Trixie


Walker
OF COURSE LIFE CAN'T BE THAT SIMPLE!

I received a call from a woman who adopted a puppy from me a year and a half ago.  When she adopted 'Iris', who is now 'Farrah' (I know, this name thing KILLS ME!) she agreed to breed Iris once and I would get 'pick of the litter'. She felt that Farrah was ready, to be bred.

I picked up Farrah and Walker, yesterday.  I thought that I had this all figured out.  Farrah would be bred first.  Then she could go home.  At that time, Trixie would be ready and I'd breed her.

That's not going as planned.  Farrah is not ready and neither is Trixie. 
We are biding our time...In the interim, I am holding down the fort with eight (8) dogs!

They didn't allow me to get much sleep last night.  First I tried Farrah in a crate, Walker in the bathroom and the rest with me.  Walker cried and had all of mine whining and barking.  Hoping to get better sleep, I let both of them out and allowed them with me and the rest of the gang.

Although that was a little better, I was still woken up, twice more, before morning.  They did allow me to sleep until 9ish.  I'm hoping tonight will be better.

Everyone is playing nicely but Farrah doesn't stay still for very long and Walker is not far behind.

All of my dogs are used to lying around, while I work or whatever.  They follow me from room to room but they're used to most of the noises, in the house. 

Farrah has become a bit of a barker.  I don't remember her being like that.  I'm trying to curb that behavior, quickly.

Walker was here a couple months back, to see Holly.  Unfortunately, Holly did not get pregnant.  We won't be having holiday puppies, as hoped.  On the good side, Walker is very quiet.

I won't be taking everyone to work with me, this week.  I guess I'll take the three (3) that need to be bred, along with Abby of course.  The other dogs are not going to be happy with this decision.  I haven't told them about it yet.

There are two (2) other paps that are at work, daily.  I can't be worried about who is doing what and where.  I do need to keep an eye on Farrah and Trixie.  We'll see which one is ready to be bred first.

I always like to witness the 'deed', several times, so that I'm comfortable in predicting that puppies are to come.

I'll attempt to do a better job with my updates.

Hope we have positive results.  If so, these puppies would be available for their 'FOREVER HOMES', the middle of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment