Saturday, December 8, 2012

CHRISTMAS PUPPIES! Four (4) Puppies, Any Day Now!

Well, Trixie is about to pop!  
Trixie
Found out, a week ago Friday, that Trixie is going to be having four (4) healthy puppies.  She received an ultrasound and found that they have very strong heartbeats, followed by an x-ray that determined that all (4) of the pups are about the same size, with strong bone structures, as well. 

That's great news!  Hopefully, I won't need to be nursing any puppies!  She's such a good mother.

Trixie is due anytime between now and the 13th of December.  She spends most of her time sleeping in my lap or squirming on the floor.  She's pretty much glued to me.

She's not jumping around and certainly not playing with Holly.  Marquis has picked up the slack and has been keeping Holly occupied, so that Trixie could have a break.
Marquis

Holly
Marquis has had so many litters that she watches the other dogs give birth and wants to help!  I rescued her from a barn where she was being used for breeding purposes.  I wonder if Trixie would allow her to help, if I let her get that close.  In the past, it's all I could do to keep her about a foot away and at the  mother's head, during the birthing process.

Between taking care of Holly, being well behaved and wanting to help the birth mother, Marquis is a pretty special rescue.

When Abby had her first litter, she would let Roxy jump in with the pups and clean them up!  It was shocking.  I think Abby welcomed the break!

Abby likes to watch puppies being born.  She's had 3-4 litters of her own and she wags her tail like crazy, usually hitting the wall, when she sees the puppies come out.  She's my deaf dog and can't hear her distracting behavior.  Trixie just looks at her.  Abby's deafness is not genetic.
Abby, Diamonds and Oreo
This time Diamonds and Oreo are here, as well.  I wonder how that's going to be.  I can't block them away or they'll spend the entire time barking which will annoy me, if no one else, in this birthing circle.

The birthing process can sometimes take hours, especially when you've got (4) or more, so I will not be able to handle the two (2) of them raising Cain, while I'm trying to keep Trixie focused, on the task at hand.
Oreo will hide!
I think that Oreo is going to be freaked and he'll probably stay away.  Diamonds has had a couple of litters.  It'll be interesting to see how she takes the situation.  Whether she wants to get involved or stay away with her son, Oreo, has yet to be seen.

Abby is the mother of Diamonds and the Grandmother of Oreo.

Holly, my little tornado, is elsewhere.  I wasn't ready to handle that one, too.  I KNEW that she'd be too inquisitive and problems could pursue.

Everyone is ready, especially Trixie, who's puppies are squirming like crazy! 
For now, she's getting some much needed rest.

Hopefully, she'll have them before Monday. 

One (1) puppy is already spoken for, so if anyone is interested in adding a new member to their family, get your request in soon.  Her  last litter were spoken for, before they were four (4) weeks old.

You can pick out your Christmas puppy, via pictures the day that they're born or you can come and see them four (4) weeks, after they're born.

They'll be ready to go to their 'Forever' homes eight (8) weeks later.

(FYI:  All of my dogs are spayed and neutered, except Trixie and Holly.)


No comments:

Post a Comment