Saturday, December 8, 2012

Marquis, My Loving Rescue, Needs the Perfect Home

Marquis

Marquis is so sweet.  She was a rescue and living in a barn.  She was being used for breeding purposes.  I rescued her and her mate and she's been with me for over (3) years now.  I'd like to find her the 'PERFECT' home.  She has become so devoted to me.  The perfect home has been hard to find.  

In a 'perfect world', she would live with a single retired woman, who stays home most of the time and would dote on her.  She doesn't particularly like men and isn't thrilled about traveling in a car, sometimes getting car sick.  I'm not sure how she is on a leash.  She's always been allowed to run free, inside the fenced yard.
Holly
Holly has done a good job of bringing Marquis out of her shell.  I've never seen her play and be as social as she has been lately.  Don't get me wrong, she's still shy, skittish and scared of new people.  She growls at the other dogs if they invade her space, when SHE doesn't want it to happen.  At other times, she will be piled up with all of the other dogs or playing with Holly.  Marquis can obviously be temperamental. 

She needs a VERY patient owner.  It takes her a while to get used to someone, let alone be comfortable with new people.  She'll sleep in your bed or in a dog bed, on the floor.  I don't want her put in a crate.  She's 99% housebroken. When she's left for too long or if she gets frightened are the only times that she may have an accident.
Marquis Minds Well
Marquis enjoys being pet but doesn't want to be intrusive.  She'll carefully walk into your lap or next to you, on the couch or she'll lay at your feet.

Of all of my eight (8) dogs, Marquis is the best behaved.  I can tell her to  get on the couch and she will.  If I told any of my other paps to do that, they would look at me cross-eyed and probably walk away.

Marquis gets her feelings hurt easily.  I feel that she wasn't treated very well, by her previous owners.  You have to let her know that everything is okay or she feels punished for life!

If you or someone you know would be the 'perfect mom', let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment