Thursday, April 19, 2012

We Have Names!

We have (2) boys and (1) girl.  Their names are Bailey , Jesse and Emma.

Baily 8 days old 12 oz.
Bailey is the smallest male and was born first.  He's doubled his weight  and is now a whopping 12oz. 


Jesse 8 days old 14 oz.
Jessie was the last one born, has also doubled his weight, and is now 14oz.







Emma 8  days old 16 oz.
Emma was the 2nd born and was the biggest one.  She's now 16oz.






Trixie is being such a good mom.  She stays in the bed with her pups, most of the time but is now coming out of her 'private' room and visiting with the rest of the family.

She has normal aggression to the other dogs but only when they pass her room.  At other times she will jump on the couch and rest with the gang or go outside with them.




This is the first litter, out of the last (3), that I haven't had to bottle feed a baby or coerce the mother into eating and drinking by squirting water or milk supplement into her mouth.  (Yes, my mom's have been spoiled.)

I'm checking out new, larger crates and pens for her.  They have a neat 'instant' pop up pen that I'm serious about getting for when I take everyone gets bigger and I take them with me to work.

Took Trixie and the pups, by carrier, to the vet and stopped by work.  She did NOT like going there.  Even though I had her save crate/pen, there were other dogs outside the 'unknown' bathroom and the room wasn't as cozy as the one that she is at home.  She preferred hanging out in the car with her pups in carrier than staying in the bathroom with the dogs smelling outside the door.

Needless to say, I haven't tried that again. I won't be taking them anywhere until they're 4 weeks old and then it'll be only to the office and/or vet. 
Oreo & Abby chilling out on the back of the couch.  They have no puppy worries, yet. They've heard them and gotten their lesson from Trixie and that's that!
I still have a couple of more dogs that I need to re-introduce to her and introduce the puppies.  Well, there is no introducing there it's when Trixie scares the crap out of them that they realize that there are 'unseen' puppies in the room and that they have to stay away.

Diamonds
I'm going to try to get Diamonds used the situation, starting this weekend.  My main issue with her is going to be her teaming up with her son (Oreo) and them making themselves a 'pack'. They wouldn't hurt the pups but Trixie doesn't know that and Diamonds can jump the fence!  There would be a blood bath, if she tried that stunt.  I think that she'll quickly learn Trixie's 'rules'.

I'll get some more baby puppy pics in a few days or if the pups learn any stunts between now and then I'll post sooner! lol

Hyper 'center of attention, at all times' Holly is going to have to wait!  She needs some behavioral training before I tackle bringing her together. 

Wish me luck with Diamonds!

I'm going to need more than luck when Holly is brought back into the picture.  Doggy downers for her and an alcoholic beverage or (2) will be needed for me!  Cocktails anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment