Sunday, June 3, 2012

The House Has Gone To The Dogs!


I apologize to all of my future 'FOREVER HOME' owners.  I told you that I'd keep updating pictures of your puppies and I've fallen short of doing so.  It's been a crazy month.  Luckily, some of you have been able to come by, like on Mother's Day, to visit your new babies.  I've sent pictures directly to others. 


Jesse
Bailey
Emma

Here is just SOME of what's been going on...Trixie started helping the puppies escape.  Before the end of a week the puppies figured out that they could climb the cardboard box, which I was using to block them from escaping but still allowing Trixie to do so, with their sharp claws.  I starting closing and latching the pen but then I had to open and close it, each time Trixie wanted to get in or out.

The puppies, who are too smart for MY own good, started climbing under the tent, which I've been using instead of a crate.  I had to completely close in the pen, including the tent, @ 1:30 in the morning.  I was expecting to wake up and see all of the pups next to my bed!

I took the puppies outside about 2 weeks ago.  They are 8 weeks old.  Now I can open the pen and they will follow everyone outside and don't have to be in an enclosed area.  They use the restroom and come to me when I call them. I have no problems with them following everyone back inside.
1st time outside

I let them run loose throughout the house.  They like the room and play with their mom and each other.  The pups like to play with the big dog toys and the adults go into the pup pen and steal the puppy's toys and eat their food. 
Tug-of-War
I had been so apprehensive about bringing Holly back home but she's been WONDERFUL.  She's a great nanny.  Abby sometimes gets involved in 'play time', as well.


Abby and Holly spent the night out and Trixie went nuts!  She didn't know how to handle all three (3) of them by herself.  She appeared so confused that I had to help her with play time.  They get played with by everyone.

Can I come out to play?
Trixie goes crazy and races around the house, in a circle, after the puppies have been out for a while.  I've never seen her run so fast.  I wish I could get a video of all of their antics.


The pups will be going to their 'FOREVER' homes soon and it's going to seem so lonely.  I won't miss Trixie waking me up each night.  Getting  between 4 - 6 hours of sleep is getting old. 

I can't wait to catch up on my sleep! 



I'll have a list of items the new parents will need.



No comments:

Post a Comment