Monday, June 4, 2012

Only One Puppy Available!

I can't believe that another week has come and gone.  It's been four (4) weeks since the puppies were born.  Wow!

Speaking of gone, one couple adopted Emma and another couple adopted Jesse.  I'm glad that they have 'FOREVER' homes. Emma (who's new name is 'Miss Fanny') will be picked up on June 12th and Jessie ( I don't know his new name) will be leaving us in about a month.

Bailey still needs a home.  He's always been my favorite.  I actually thought that he would be the first one adopted.  He's feisty and likes to play with the adult dogs. He and Emma/Fannie gets on their hind legs and it's hysterical. He looks like a 6" tall polar/panda bear.  It's definitely a Kodak moment.

The puppies are thriving and have been pulling over mom's food bowl all week.  I've started giving them a little wet mixed with dry puppy food.  They have teeth and I prefer for them to eat dry food. They're still nursing, as well.

Holly's well...being Holly.  Thank goodness I have a collar/harness on Trixie, so that I can control one of them.  (Holly has a fit if I put a collar or harness on her.)  I got Holly when she was ten (10) months old and I think that she didn't have one on long enough to get used to it. She was almost completely housebroken so that was a blessing.  (Thank you April!) We will be working on training and agility, once the pups are gone.  Holly is 'fast as a whip' but let's tackle one dog project, at a time.

"Puppies are more fun than balls!"
 HOLLY IS DYING FOR A PUPPY and TRIXIE IS DYING TO  KILL HOLLY!  (Not really the killing part but the Holly wanting a puppy part is true.)  When the puppies escape, Holly has so much fun.  When Trixie isn't in with her pups, Holly lay at the opening until the pups pay attention and come to her.

Trixie allows Marquis and Diamonds to go into the pen.  Therefore, Holly thinks it's okay for her to do it.( I can't blame her there.)  She sneaks in, by way of the corner of the pup tent, and sometimes gets away with it. If I see her I, get her out before she gets into serious trouble.

Trixie's not even thrilled when Abby, who is a sweet angel, gets near the pen.  If I'm holding a puppy she will let her look and smell the pup for a minute but then she steps in between us. Keep in mind that Abby watched the puppies be born and didn't interfere in any way.  The only thing she did was wag her tail so hard that it hit the wall each time one was born.

Those puppies love their sherpa bed and their tent!  They have started playing and it's so cute.  Every once in a while you'll hear a loud squeal but Trix gets there long before I have to.  I have the puppy pads in between the two areas and they're pretty good about using them.

Seriously, Trixie just lead the pups out of the pen and behind the table.  I've got to put them back in and find some sort of barrier to resolve the issue!



No comments:

Post a Comment